Thursday, March 4, 2010

Active Listening

Have you ever been a part of a conversation and the other person is actually into it? They lean in, they respond, they ask about your statements to not lose the meaning. That is how prayer should be like, active and leaning into what God is saying in the moment to us. As you go through this exercise... savor the pauses, grasp the moments, hang on the words... seek and you shall find.


I pause for a moment and think of the love and the grace that God showers on me: I am created in the image and likeness of God; I am God's dwelling-place.

Pray this... 
Lord grant me the grace
to have freedom of the spirit.
Cleanse my heart and soul
so I may live joyously in your love

In the presence of my loving Creator,
I look honestly at my feelings over the last day, the highs, the lows and the level ground.
Can I see where the Lord has been present?


Meditate on this...
 Matthew 20:20-23
Then the mother of the sons of Zebedee came to him with her sons, and kneeling before him, she asked a favour of him. And he said to her, 'What do you want?' She said to him, 'Declare that these two sons of mine will sit, one at your right hand and one at your left, in your kingdom.' But Jesus answered, 'You do not know what you are asking. Are you able to drink the cup that I am about to drink?' They said to him, 'We are able.' He said to them, 'You will indeed drink my cup, but to sit at my right hand and at my left, this is not mine to grant, but it is for those for whom it has been prepared by my Father.'

What are you saying to me, Lord?

Take some time to hear your soul and listen to what God is saying, even jot it down and carry it with you today. Or comment your thoughts on this by clicking below.

Jesus, you always welcomed little children when you walked on this earth. Teach me to have a childlike trust in you. To live in the knowledge that you will never abandon me.
I am your child.

No comments: